LGA and the 2013 Spending Round
This section sets out the LGA's work before, during and after the 2013 spending round that was announced on 26 June 2013. We produced a spending round submission on behalf of the sector, participated in discussions with government departments and provided briefings on the announcements on the 26 and the 27 of June.
The government published consultations on the local government finance settlement, new homes bonus pooling and the use of capital receipts to finance service transformation costs.
Spending round briefing
The LGA provided on-the-day briefings below on announcements of the spending round on 26 June and the infrastructure growth plan on 27 June.
On the day briefing on the spending round – 26 June 2013
The LGA has also produced a quick follow-up briefing which looks into the spending round announcement of the pooled £3.8 health and social care fund.
LGA Spending Round Submission
In advance of the Government's announcement on 26 June 2013, the LGA submitted to the Treasury and other central government departments our final submission to the 2015/16 Spending Round.
Building on our pre-Budget submission to the Treasury and discussions with local authorities, this submission set out specific proposals for change that would help secure public services for the future.
- Overview (PDF, 10 pages,286KB)
- Any council (PDF, 14 pages, 560KB):
describing the circumstances and challenges facing a typical upper tier council
- Adult social care (PDF, 9 pages, 291KB)
- Children's service (PDF, 6 pages, 280KB)
- Culture, sport, digital economy (PDF, 5 pages, 273KB)
- Energy (PDF, 5 pages, 221KB)
- Fire (PDF, 5 pages, 257KB)
- Growth (PDF, 5 pages, 298KB)
- Housing (PDF, 6 pages, 213KB)
- Local government finance (PDF, 9 pages, 292 KB)
- Transport (PDF, 5 pages, 274KB)
- Waste (PDF, 4 pages, 218KB)
30 December 2016